Erika Simpson SENCO – Please contact the school office on 01362 692665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Approach to SEN & D
SCARNING PRIMARY IS A MAINSTREAM PRIMARY SCHOOL WITH AN INCLUSIVE ETHOS.
At Scarning VC Primary, we believe in participation for all. We want all adults and children to participate in learning and we celebrate all members of our community. We want to create an inclusive culture in our school and we aim to be responsive to the diversity of children’s backgrounds, interests, experience, knowledge and skills.
We aim to create a learning environment which is flexible enough to meet the needs of all members of our school community.
At Scarning we believe that children and young people with SEND and their families should be at the heart of the decision making process. We listen to them and their thoughts drive our SEN & D policy and procedures.
At Scarning we provide a supportive, pro-active provision that provides the utmost care for all our children. We work as a team, providing early identification, targeted interventions, giving each child ‘time to talk’ thus allowing each child with support to overcome their barriers, to progress, achieve and shine as individuals.
Every child is special to us – we are proud of them all.
SEND Family Support Signposting Guide
Find out more about the support available for families of children with neurodevelopmental differences and/or additional needs in Norfolk by reading our Family Support Quick Reference Guide which includes:
- General advice and support
- Support for my child/ young person in school
- Support for myself and my family
- Support for my child with sleep difficulties
- Support for my child/ young person with mental health difficulties
- Support for my child/young person in mental health crisis
- Information about the neurodevelopmental condition assessment pathway
- Support with Education Health and Care Plan processes